Sunday, July 20, 2014

Back to the USA

Well today's the day! On Thursday I moved out of my room at the YWCA in Husn (I've been staying in a hostel in a Amman since). Last night, the MCC Jordan team (with the 2 new members of the MCC Iraq team) got together at the Rep flat for my farewell dinner. I just checked out of my hotel and now I'm hanging out at the office until I leave for the airport at 1:30pm (less than 30 minutes).

My flight leaves Amman at 4:35, heading to Doha, Qatar. I arrive in Qatar at 7:15, where I will meet 11 other SALTers (serving in Laos, Indonesia, Cambodia, and Nepal). From there the 12 of us have an overnight flight (leaving at 1:05AM) to Philadelphia. ETA in Philadelphia: 7:55AM, Monday the 21st. From there my father is picking me up (YAY DAD!), and then I am heading straight to SALT Re-Entry Retreat, in Akron, PA. Early Saturday morning my parents (YAY MOM AND DAD!) will come to Akron and take me home.

It's hard to believe that my SALT journey is nearly at an end. I want to thank everyone who supported me throughout this year. I was blessed and touch by each and everyone person who made this experience possible. I will miss everyone I got to know here in Jordan.


A year in pictures, some of which have probably been shared before:

First week in Jordan, at the Roman Ampitheater in Amman with Caleb

Visit to Ajloun Castle in November

Visit to Ajloun Castle in November

AES Student Art Exhibition in Amman, with teachers in November

AES Student Art Exhibition in Amman in November

Ina and me at our favorite restaurant in Amman in November

Lunch at Hashem's in November

At the Security wall in Bethlehem, just after Christmas in December

Decorating an olive tree in Beit Jala, Palestine in December

Petra with Jackie in January

Picnicking in February

Church at the Jordan River in March, with Judith

Visit to Jerash in March (here at the Temple of Artemis)

Visit to Umm Qais in March

Trip to Wadi Rum for Easter in April

Standing in the Red Sea, on the beach in Aqaba in April

Desert Castles trip with Ina and Judith in May
Fighting  Ina for my food at a BBQ in June

On Rainbow Street, in Amman with Judith in July

In King Abdullah Mosque in Amman in July

Getting muded up at the Dead Sea in July


Leaving school on my last day of work in July



1 comment: