Thursday, August 21, 2014

This little piggy went wee-wee-wee...

....All the way home...


I can't believe it's been a month since I left Jordan. Actually it really just hit me that it's literally been a month since I flew out of Amman.

The Europe and Middle East SALTers
I spent the first week in the States with other SALTers at MCC headquarters. It was a great time to relax and reflect with people who had just gone through similar experiences. And it definitely helped with culture shock, since I was able to slowly adjust to the US life. My parents brought me home at the end of the week, and I promptly was dragged wedding dress shopping with my sister. We didn't find a dress that day, but she has since picked one! And I have also found my maid-of-honor dress as well.

Visited Friends in DC
Things have been pretty hectic, between trying to see my friends, figuring out what I have and don't have anymore, doctors appointments... and generally preparing for my next MCC term.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I got a job? I'm starting a new international term of service with MCC. If you want to hear more about it, and follow my adventures, check out my new blog Peace, Pabulums, and Phnom Pehn.

No comments:

Post a Comment