Monday, July 22, 2013

One month to go!

The countdown:
17 days until I leave my summer job.
23 days until MCC Orientation begins.
30 days until I fly to Jordan.

You know what that means? In exactly one month I'm going to be in Amman, Jordan! AHHH!!!

Hanging out at the beach
I was at work yesterday when this realization hit me. I almost needed to sit down for a minute. I cannot believe how quickly this summer has gone by. This summer has been exactly what I needed. I've been able to hang out with my family, earn some money, spend time with my friends, and make some new ones. And, of course, wear all my non-Middle East appropriate clothes (basically all of my dresses, skirts, and shorts). Though I am starting to miss doing research (seriously, what is wrong with me?), I haven't been able to do as much research on Jordan as I wanted to this summer. I'm definitely looking forward to starting Arabic lessons and adventuring around Amman.

I am now in the last minute prep stage. I'm trying to figure out what I have, what still need to buy, and how I'm going to pack it all. I have one last appointment for some immunizations tomorrow. What else do I need to do? I'm not sure. I'm sure my parents will start lecturing me about things I'm missing soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment